Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester Airport, M22 5PR
Hours: 37.5 per week
Looking for Mobile App Developer Jobs in Manchester?
As a leading developer in innovative transport apps, our products continue to help millions of people all over the world plan their journeys. Covering iPhone, Android and Windows devices our transport apps are designed to help commuters and tourists alike, map their journeys in cities such as London, New York and Paris.
With a total of 26 transport apps in our portfolio, including Tube Map – our award winning London Underground app – Mapway has over 9 million users worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Developer to join our mobile apps team, based at our Head Office in Manchester.
To be successful within the role you will have;
• An energetic personality with a passion for writing code.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience, within the iOS or Android mobile platform.
• The ability to effectively demonstrate a proven interest in mobile development, as everybody we recruit has a significant amount of coding experience aside from their day job.
• Additional experience of a second platform (iOS, Android or Windows) is highly desirable and we are particularly interested in candidates with published apps in Apple’s App Store, Google Play or Windows Marketplace.
• Used a contemporary development toolset (e.g. SVN, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence etc.).
• A passion to continuously grow your skillsets.
Our development team work within the Scrum framework, using the best and latest working practices within the mobile app industry. The role will also encourage the use of the latest Android and iPhone features, as well as the most up to date UX and UI design principles.
In January 2016 Mapway was awarded a Top Developer accolade in the Google Play Store, testament to the hard work and dedication our development teams put into producing our high quality apps.
At Mapway we pride ourselves on having a wide range of company benefits from competitive salaries and 31 days holiday (including bank holidays and a 3-day Christmas shutdown), to childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme.
Our culture is to work hard but in a relaxed surrounding and to provide a comfortable and engaging environment we offer flexible working hours, a casual dress code and a fully stocked kitchen (including fruit, bread and a top of the range bean-to-cup-coffee machine).
As an innovative employer we encourage and embrace creativity so each year we run Hackathons to give everyone in our organisation the chance to put their new ideas to the test.
Additional benefits include;
• Company pension scheme (we will match contributions up to a maximum of 3%)
• A day off to celebrate your birthday
• 4 weeks paid sabbatical after every five years of service
• Cycle scheme
• Death in service plan
To apply for this role please email your CV with a covering letter (including details of your salary expectations and any links to your portfolio/published apps) to email@example.com.