Gotta Catch ’em All in London!
To celebrate today’s launch of Pokémon GO in the UK we’re running a very special competition for all the budding Pokémon trainers in London! For a chance to win £50 in vouchers and a Pokémon/ Tube Map goody bag, we want you to share screenshots of you catching Pokémon in London and share them with us on Facebook or Twitter. We’ll choose our favourite screenshot from all entries on Facebook and Twitter. Let’s Pokemap London!
Here’s how it works:
- Take a screenshot while looking at a Pokémon in Pokémon GO. (Either do this using the in-game camera button or by taking a screenshot with your mobile device.)
- Share it with us and complete the phrase “I caught a Pokémon at…“
- To enter on Facebook, reply to our competition post and include the screenshot in your comment.
- To enter on Twitter, tweet the screenshot and mention @TubeMapLondon at the end.
What’s the Prize?
The winner will receive £50 in vouchers of their choosing and a Tube Map goody bag that will include a Pokémon surprise.
When deciding the winner we’ll be looking for London landmarks like Big Ben or famous icons like the Underground roundel, so get creative with your positioning. You might spot a Psyduck by the Thames or maybe a Drowsee in the Shard. We’ve also heard that Zubats have been spotted on the Tube!
We want to see some good shots but not if it means you swimming in the Thames or stepping into traffic at Trafalgar Square. We don’t encourage anyone to trespass or put themselves in danger for the sake of a photo. This is especially important when using the Tube or other forms of transport. Stay behind the yellow line when on a Tube or train platform, be aware of your surroundings and please be respectful of those around you.
Terms and Conditions
- To enter the competition on Facebook, reply to the competition post with a screenshot of you catching a Pokémon in Pokémon GO and complete the phrase “I caught a Pokémon at….”
- To enter the competition on Twitter, tweet a screenshot of you catching a Pokémon in Pokémon GO, complete the phrase “I caught a Pokémon at….” and mention @TubeMapLondon at the end.
- The winner will be selected from entries on both Facebook and Twitter. The winner will be our favourite submission. Judges will be looking for creative positioning, London landmarks such as Big Ben or iconic London symbols such as the London Underground roundel. The photo must be taken in London.
- We want all entrants to stay safe when playing Pokémon GO and taking their screenshots. Mapway does not encourage anyone to trespass or put themselves in danger for the sake of a good screenshot. Anyone who does so will be disqualified.
- Competition ends midnight 24/07/16 and the winner will be announced on 25/07/16.
- The winner will receive £50 in vouchers of their choice and a Tube Map/ Pokémon goody bag.
- We withhold the right to change the winner or present the prize to a runner-up should the winner fail to get in contact by end-of-day 01/08/16.
- All entrants must have a U.K. house address.
- The winner must provide their email and postage address.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Nintendo Co. Ltd, The Pokémon Company or Niantic, Inc.
- This competition is not open to mxData or Mapway employees.
- Your photo may be shared on our social media channels. These will always include a credit to you.