You should read this Policy in full, but here are a few key points that we’d like you to take away:
- Unlike other services, we do not require that you register with us or provide personal information such as your name, email address or phone number to use our services, they are offered to you free of charge and we will never collect this data unless you choose to provide them by contacting us.
- Mapway is a private company which offers users free apps. To pay for the maintenance and enhancement of these free apps we need to be able to monetise your use of our apps, primarily we do this through advertising. To do this and to make adverts more relevant for you we will request that you allow us to receive some personal information from you such as your device ID (IDFA or AAID) and location; you may of course decline these requests.
- As an alternative you can Subscribe to our Free apps, or where available, pay for our Pro versions. As well as adding premium features, where available, this also removes advertising and significantly reduce the amount of data we collect from your use of our apps (see the full Policy).
- In addition to Subscriptions your device also gives you control to limit the data we collect from you and how we use it. Ultimately you can also choose to delete and stop using the app at which point any data collection will cease.
By using our apps, our website or contacting us you agree to the collection and use of certain data as described in this Policy.
We do not require you to directly provide any personal information to us to start using our services. It is not necessary for you to have created an account, nor will we ever make your use of our apps public, other than occasionally quoting user reviews posted in app stores on our website or in other publicity.
Should you contact us directly (either via the app, website or a direct email) you will be providing your name, email address and (when contacting us from the app) an app ID. We will keep the content of your message and contact information to enable us to respond to your request and feedback to our team, but for no other reason.
We collect, use and share the data we have in the ways described above:
- As necessary to deliver our Services to you;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- As necessary for our (and others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalised and profitable service to our users and partners.
You control the personal data you share with us. You can access or rectify this data at any time. You can also stop using our apps.
Retention: When you give us any personal information, we will only hold this for as long as we need to perform the activities detailed in this Policy or have a valid reason to keep it. We will also consider the type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements when considering retention. We design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we must.EU, EFTA & UK: If you are located in the UK, European Union or EFTA States, you can confidentially contact Mapway’s Privacy Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Your rights under GDPR are as follows:
- You have the right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data;
- You have the right to have your personal data erased, otherwise known as the ‘right to be forgotten’;
- You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you, and information on how we process it, commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’;
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (‘data portability’); and
- You have rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection laws. More information about the Information Commissioner’s Office can be found on their website – www.ico.org.uk.Personal Control: There are the ways in which you control the sharing and use of your information and ultimately you can also stop using our services and any time and delete our app so that no data is collected:
- Remove Ads: Subscribing will stop your device making requests for adverts and the sharing of your data with third parties for commercial purposes.
- Limit Ad Tracking: You will be asked whether you will allow ad tracking. Even if you allow this you can remove this authority at any time from within your device settings. In doing so you will still receive adverts, but they will be less relevant to you (and so probably more of an annoyance) as less information is made available to the advertisers.
- Analytics data: We use this data anonymously to help us improve and fix bugs within our apps. You can remove this from the settings in your device.
- Location data: We need this data to provide our full services. You can limit this within the settings on your device.
To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorise us to transfer, store, and use your data in the United Kingdom, and any other country where we operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country.
Effective: 23rd November 2022