You can find a copy of our Terms and Conditions here.
Collection and Use
When using our apps or websites we may collect the following information;
- Preferences information you provide such as product or content interests, or communication or marketing preferences.
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed and which areas of our apps or websites you visited.
- Device information.
- As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages and operating system.
We use this information to;
- Assess your needs to determine suitable products or services.
- Send you informative push notifications when you are using our app. If you do not want these notifications, you can manage your preference through Settings.
- Improve our apps and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Display content based upon your interests.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Sharing Your Information
We may disclose your information if:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- If Mapway is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change of ownership or uses of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
The usage data we collect (see ‘Collection and Use’) will be used by our analytic suppliers. You can review how they use your data by viewing their Privacy Policies through the links Flurry (Yahoo!) and Google.
Some services in our apps make use of location-based data. Your location is only used when you have granted permission to do so and can be revoked at any time through Settings.
If you allow these services we may detect your current location. To achieve this, these services may use any of the following: Cell ID, GPS, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Beacons.
We use this information to provide location-based services, not to identify you. Location services are used to;
- Map routes and provide directions to locations that you specify.
- Provide you with local search results.
- Provide you content based upon your location.
We may also provide location information to third parties, including advertisers, in order to provide you with offers and contextual, relevant advertising.
Tracking and Ads
We may provide to third party advertising partners, information about your activity on this or other apps and your location. These partners may collect non-personally identifiable information about your activities to provide you contextual advertising based upon your interests and activity.
In addition to the above, Android 6.0 introduced a new permissions model which enables users to directly manage app permissions at runtime instead of install. Depending on the type of permission the app requests, the system may grant the permission automatically, or the system may ask users to grant the permission. Below are all those that our Android apps require, with a clear explanation for each.
LOCATION: This permission is needed to obtain your location when finding nearby stations using GPS only. GPS can be a little bit slower to initially locate you, but is usually more accurate.
BLUETOOTH: This permission is used by some of our apps when push notifications are installed and will include the app accessing Bluetooth.
PHOTO AND MEDIA: This permission is used by some of the apps for the sole purpose of delivering richer multimedia files which we use for advertising within the apps.
OTHER: In some of our apps permissions are used which will allow the app to run on the start-up of the device, this is when push notifications are installed in the apps. In some cases these permissions will prevent the phone from sleeping, so that push notifications can always be accessed. Push notifications will be sent to inform our users about major transport disruptions such as Tube strikes.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
If you have ever given us personal information, either through signing up to one of our app newsletters or via the website, you can correct and update your information at any time. To ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Address: Atlantic House, Atlas Business Park, Simonsway, Manchester Airport, M22 5PR, England.